Penguins arrive at sunset every night of the year. View our penguin arrival calendar to check what time that is during your visit. We suggest you arrive one hour beforehand.
Can’t make it for penguin viewing at sunset?
The Penguin Parade Visitor Centre is open from 10am daily (2pm on Christmas Day). Drop by and explore the interactive displays.
Koala Conservation Centre
The Koala Conservation Centre is open:
- 10am to 5pm daily (April to end of daylight savings)
- 10am to 5:30pm daily (daylight savings)
- 10am to 6pm (Boxing Day to end of summer school holidays)
- Opens 2pm on Christmas Day.
Churchill Island Heritage Farm
Churchill Island Heritage Farm is open 10am to 5pm daily. Opens 2pm on Christmas Day.
Daily farming activities:
1.00-1.45pm wagon rides (school and public holidays only)
2.10pm cow milking
2.30pm sheep shearing
2.45pm whip cracking
3.05pm Working dogs
3.20pm Sheep shearing
• Meet the Clydesdale horses, Highland cattle, sheep and baby animals.
Summer: 11am – approx. 8pm
Autumn: 11am – approx. 5pm
Winter: 11am – approx. 4pm
Spring: 11am – approx. 6pm
The Nobbies area is closed one hour before sunset each day to protect the native wildlife.