Scenic Estate Conservation Reserve opened to the public in 2015 after 12 months of collaborative work between Bass Coast Shire Council, Phillip Island Nature Parks, Parks Victoria and the State Government to develop the site into an area for the preservation of wildlife with protection and improvement of the habitat for fauna.
Well known for its birdlife, this area provides habitat for six species of threatened birds and endangered grasslands and vegetation, as well as delightful bay views to Churchill Island, Rhyll and beyond.
Scenic Estate features:
- 1500 metres of walking tracks
- 195 metres of boardwalk through the native grasslands
- Wetland planted with indigenous plants
- A viewing platform overlooking the Ramsar listed wetlands of Western Port and Churchill Island Marine National Park
- Two picnic shelters and seats around the reserve
- A car park connecting the reserve to the Phillip Island Tourist Road
- Interpretive signage highlighting the natural values of the site