Churchill Island offers a range of daily farming activities and walks around the island close to internationally recognised wetlands.
Daily farming activities:
1.00-1.45pm wagon rides (weekends, school and public holidays only - weather permitting)
2.10pm cow milking
2.30pm sheep shearing
2.45pm whip cracking
3.05pm working dogs
3.20pm sheep shearing
• See the Clydesdale horses, Highland cattle, sheep and baby animals.
Additional Summer Activities (21 December to 26 January)
11am - Cow milking
11.30am - Animal Nursery Tour - includes a walk and talk about each animal, feeding, petting and photo opportunity. Please note children will only be able to hold animals if they are in a basket or box, for animal welfare reasons
Download the visitor guide
• Explore the island on the numerous walking and cycling trails:
- Churchill Island loop: 4.5kms – 2 hours – moderate
- North Point loop: 2kms – 1hour – easy
- Wadjil’garook Wetland: 1km inside the entrance. Follow the paths to learn about Indigenous culture and wetland birds.