Accessibility at the Penguin Parade
We are committed to offering an accessible experience throughout the Penguin Parade and have a range of facilities for people of all abilities. The following infrastructure has been put in place to ensure this area meets accessibility standards:
- Wide pathways for wheelchairs and prams
- Allocated car parking spaces for people with accessibility issues
- Ramp access through the visitor centre and along the boardwalks
- Pram parking at the penguin viewing stands
- A complimentary buggy service if transport to the beach is required
- A complimentary wheelchair for use inside the visitor centre
- Interpretive displays at wheelchair eye height
- An accessible-height ticketing counter
- Exclusive wheelchair access viewing areas in General Viewing, Penguins Plus and Underground Viewing
Our Penguin Parade visitor centre is also fitted with a Changing Places toilet that includes the following:
- a height-adjustable adult-sized change table
- a constant-charging ceiling track hoist system
- a centrally-located peninsula toilet
- circulation spaces as defined in the design specifications
- an automatic door with a clear opening of 950 mm at a minimum (1100 mm for beach and lake locations)
- a privacy screen
Phillip Island Nature Parks welcomes visitors who use assistance animals certified by a registered authority. Assistance animals must remain on designated paths and restrained by a harness or lead.
Phillip Island Nature Parks has recently launched a set of Access Keys to three of its attractions in an effort to provide increased access and inclusion for people of all abilities including those living with a disability (physical and invisible), cognitive impairment, anxiety, those living with a temporary disability, the ageing population, parents with prams and overseas visitors. The access key for the Penguin Parade is currently being updated. We will publish it here once it is finalised.
Companion and Carer cards
Visitors with a Victorian Carers Card are entitled to entry at the Australian Pensioner rate to all Phillip Island Nature Parks attractions.