Be one of the select few to venture out to a secluded beach on this fully accredited Eco Tour. This tour is perfect for lovers of both nature and adventure as you view the penguins away from the main parade on this breathtaking part of the coastline.
Personal headsets ensure you hear all of the informative commentary, while high-tech night vision scopes allow you to spy on the penguins in the dark.
A true highlight of this tour is the walk back to the visitor centre through the heart of the penguin colony.
Combine the Ultimate Adventure Tour with a 3 Parks Pass for great value and a wonderful adventure. The 3 Park Pass with Ultimate Adventure Tour includes your guided tour as well as admission to the Koala Conservation Centre and Churchill Island Heritage Farm at a discounted price.
Things to know:
- Minimum age of 16 years for all participants
- Reasonable fitness required, including the ability to walk on soft sand, descend and ascend 20 stairs, and walk up to 1.5 km (0.8 miles) on uneven surfaces
- Closed walking shoes required
- Waterproof jacket and over-pants provided, however you may bring your own if you prefer (must be dark and non-reflective)
- An alternative tour is offered in the event of extreme weather or high tide
- Tour duration approximately 2 hours
- Bookings are essential as numbers are limited to a maximum of 10 people
- Please phone 24 hours prior to your tour to confirm the meeting time on 03 5951 2830
- If purchasing a 3 Park Pass with the Ultimate Adventure Tour, please select the date of your tour, then your pass is valid for entry to the Koala Conservation Centre and Churchill Island Heritage Farm for six months from the date of your Penguin Parade visit.
- Churchill Island Farm activities generally commence early afternoon, with a total duration of around 90 minutes, but please check here for details.
on the Ultimate Adventure Tour or at the Penguin Parade