Take a sunset eco adventure to a part of the penguin colony closed to the general public at night.
Limited to just 10 people accompanied by a ranger guide, this fully accredited eco tour is ideal for nature lovers and takes visitors to a secluded beach away from the main parade grounds. Tour includes a full ranger briefing and headsets to comfortably hear your ranger on the tour. High-tech 'night vision scopes' allow you to spy on penguins in the dark.
Witness the penguins returning to their burrows in the colony while you make the return walk to the visitor centre.
Things to know:
- Participants must be 16 years or over (no infants).
- Closed in walking shoes required.
- Reasonable fitness required - ability to walk on sand, up 20 stairs and a distance of 1.5 kilometres (0.8 miles).
- Waterproof jacket and overpants provided but you may bring your own if you prefer (must be dark and non-reflective).
- An alternative tour is offered in extreme weather or high tide.
- Tour limited to 10 people, bookings essential.
on the Ultimate Adventure Tour or at the Penguin Parade