Accessibility at the Koala Conservation Reserve
We are committed to offering an accessible and inclusive experience throughout the Koala Conservation Reserve, and have a range of facilities for people of all abilities and sensory needs.
Visitors with Mobility needs
- Allocated car parking spaces
- Wide ramp to visitor centre entrance with 1 in 14 gradient and handrails
- Disabled toilet facilities
- Movable cafe furniture
- Interpretive displays accessible from wheelchair height
- Ramped, wheelchair accessible treetop boardwalks to allow close-up koala viewing
- Wide boardwalks and observation areas allowing for wheelchair access
- Smooth, hard-packed gravel paths with moderate gradient throughout the bushland
Visitors with Sensory needs
- We are a certified sensory-inclusive site for with professionally trained staff
- Sensory bags available, equipped with noise-cancelling headphones, fidget tools and verbal cue cards - these can be checked out for free by leaving an ID with our staff
- Weighted lap pads available - these can be checked out for free by leaving an ID with our staff
- Headphone Zones and Designated Quiet Areas
Look at the Koala Conservation Reserve Social Story to help prepare for your visit
Visitors with Assistance animals
Phillip Island Nature Parks welcomes visitors who use assistance animals certified by a registered authority. Assistance animals must remain on designated paths and restrained by a harness or lead.
Companion and Carer cards
Victorian Carers Card holders receive a 10% discount at all Phillip Island Nature Parks attractions.