Penguin Parade, Koala Conservation Reserve, Churchill Island Heritage Farm and Antarctic Journey tickets are sold and entry granted based on the following conditions:
1. Tickets purchased are non-refundable, non-changeable and non-transferable.
2. Tickets cannot be exchanged or returned after purchase due to adverse weather conditions or the number of penguins.
3. Management reserves the right to:
- i. Refuse entry to the venue to any person
- ii. Request any person to leave the attraction and/or take appropriate action to enforce regulations.
- iii. Persons believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs may be refused entry and/or requested to leave the venue.
5. Persons must be aged 4 to 15 years inclusive to be eligible for 'children' tickets. Children under 4 years are free of charge.
6. Family tickets include 2 adults and 2 children (aged 4 to 15 inclusive).
7. Tickets must be paid for at the time of booking.
8. When upgrading a booking your original ticket may be used as credit towards the payment of a new ticket of equal or higher value provided there is availability on the requested dates.
10. Concessions are applicable on presentation of suitable ID and this must be provided for collection or redemption of tickets (Australian Pensioners Card or Australian Seniors Card only)
11. Ticket holders for the Penguin Parade will be admitted up until 45 minutes after the commencement of the Penguin Parade, after which time admissions may be refused without refund. Full entry fee will apply for those without pre-purchased tickets.
12. Phillip Island Nature Parks shall not be liable for injury or damage to any property or persons from any cause whatsoever (including negligence or gross negligence of staff).
13. Any type of photography or video during the nightly parade is strictly prohibited.
14. By entering the Penguin Parade precinct, patrons agree for their image, likeness or voice to be used as part of any recording of the event
15. It is a condition that persons under the age of 16 shall be accompanied by an adult who is solely responsible for their conduct while at any of Phillip Island Nature Parks' venues.
16. Phillip Island Nature Parks Board of Management is responsible for the management of the Penguin Parade, Koala Conservation Reserve, Churchill Island, and the Nobbies Centre and over 1800 hectares of land on Phillip Island. Other attractions that may appear on this ticket from time to time are managed autonomously by other organisations. Phillip Island Nature Parks Board of Management and Phillip Island Information Centre make no guarantees of any other attraction appearing on this ticket.
17. Tickets are valid only for the date and time printed on the ticket for the Penguin Parade. Late arrival may result in ticket being forfeited. For a 4 Parks Pass, the Koala Conservation Reserve, Churchill Island and Antarctic Journey components are valid for one entry within six months from the date(s) of the ticket.
18. Prices do vary and are correct at the time of purchase.
19. Phillip Island Nature Parks reserves the right to change ticket prices without notice. If there has been a change in price upwards between the time of original purchase and time of entry, the ticket holder will be liable to pay the additional costs or difference.
20. Entry is not permitted into any of the above venues without a valid ticket or permission from management. At the Penguin Parade, free day entry is allowed until an afternoon deadline determined by management, after which time the full night Penguin Parade rate applies.
21. No dogs or BYO alcohol is permitted into any of Phillip Island Nature Parks' venues.
22. By purchasing a ticket you agree to receiving marketing communications and updates. You can choose to opt out at any time.
Shop Returns and Exchange Policy
1.1 This returns and exchange policy applies only to items purchased online.
1.2 Our policy limits do not exclude or replace your rights under Consumer Guarantees of the Australian Consumer Law, regulations or otherwise as required by law.
1.3 For in-store purchases please refer to the in-store return and exchange conditions.
2. FAULTY, DAMAGED OR INCORRECTLY DESCRIBED ITEMS
2.1 Where you believe an item is faulty or defective you can submit a claim within 30 Days from the date of delivery. A valid proof of purchase is required.
2.2 Where you believe an item is faulty or defective, it may be necessary for us to send your goods to the manufacturer or their service agent for it to be assessed within a reasonable period of time. If the goods or service has a major failure, you may reject the goods or service and seek a refund, exchange or repair or you may keep the item and seek compensation for any drop in value. If the failure is minor, we will repair the item (or, at our discretion, we may replace the item or refund you) within a reasonable time.
2.3 Our team members in store will access your item/items (in-store and online purchases) to determine if a refund will be offered in accordance with our returns policy.
2.4 Where an item is damaged through misuse, neglect or abnormal use, Phillip Island Nature Parks will not provide a refund, exchange, or repair.
2.5 In the event we have made a mistake, or the product is faulty, we will refund reasonable return freight costs.
2.6 If the item delivered is not as described it must be returned in saleable condition, that is unworn or used with all its original packaging intact or with tags attached.
3. PROOF OF PURCHASE
3.1 Original register receipt tax invoice
3.2 Packaging slip or online order conformation for online purchases
4. RETURN TENDER
4.1 All refunds will be given using the original payment method (online purchases will be automatically refunded to the account used to pay).
5. GIFT OR BONUS WITH PURCHASE
5.1 Where merchandise is purchased with a gift or bonus offer, the gift or bonus must also be returned for merchandise to be eligible for a return.
Privacy of Information
Voucher Terms & Conditions
Phillip Island Nature Parks Committee of Management Inc. (“Nature Parks”)
ABN 88 940 950 118
154-156 Thompson Avenue,
Cowes, Victoria 3922
- 1. Terms and Conditions
1.1. You agree to these Terms and Conditions when you purchase, activate, redeem, enquire, or attempt to use a Voucher
1.2. The Issuer may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.
1.3. Terms and conditions of this offer are as written and cannot be changed by any representation of any unauthorized person, including employees of the Nature Parks.
1.4. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws and courts of Victoria.
1.5. Where you purchase or receive these Vouchers as a personal, promotional, or business gift, or for other business uses approved by the Issuer, you must ensure that the end Voucher holder is made aware of these Terms and Conditions, including the expiry date.
- Redemption of Voucher
2.1. The Voucher is available for use only by Australian residents over the age of 18, otherwise written consent from a parent or guardian must be obtained if under the age of 18.
2.2. A Voucher may only be redeemed for the goods and or services listed on the voucher.
2.3. A Voucher can not be exchanged for other goods or service not listed on the voucher, except in the instance of an attraction upgrade.
2.4. Upgrade of attraction can be redeemed subject to availability. If the purchase price exceeds the value of the Voucher, the voucher holder must pay the difference using another payment method.
2.5. The Voucher is not exchangeable for cash or other forms of credit and no refunds will be issued for the value of the voucher if travel plans are cancelled or altered. All costs above the value of the voucher including any change or cancellation fees are the responsibility of the customer.
2.6. This Voucher will be deemed fully used once a qualifying booking has been made and confirmed to be available. The Voucher will not be reinstated, refunded, or replaced, even in the event that the reservation is cancelled or changed.
2.7. All bookings are subject to availability at the time of booking and at the Nature Parks discretion depending on level of capacity. All applicable booking terms and conditions apply of the Nature Parks.
2.8. Vouchers must be redeemed via https://pinpa.bookingboss.com/voucherredeem.cfm or by contacting the admissions team 03 5951 2830. Vouchers cannot be redeemed via email.
- Expiry Date
3.1. A Voucher is valid for 36 months from the date of issue unless provided as a marketing or promotional voucher. Where the Voucher relates to a marketing or promotional Voucher, the expiry date will be listed on the Voucher. The Voucher must be redeemed by the Expiry Date.
3.2. Any balance or unredeemed goods or service on a Voucher after the expiry date will not be able to be redeemed by the voucher holder.
3.3. A Voucher cannot be re-activated at any time
4.1. A Voucher presented in the altered, fraudulent or defaced form will not be able to be redeemed by the voucher holder.
4.2. A Voucher cannot be reloaded, used for cash advances, or redeemed for cash or credit, and can only be used as specified.
4.3. A Voucher cannot exchanged for a different attraction or service type.
4.4. A Voucher at all times, remains the property of the Issuer, and must not be resold or re-valued by a person, without the express written consent of the Issuer.
- Lost and Stolen Promotional Ticket Vouchers
5.1. A Voucher must be treated as cash as it will not be reissued, refunded, or honoured if lost or stolen.
5.2. A Voucher will only be reissued, refunded, or honoured where the voucher is shown to be faulty or damaged due to the fault of the Issuer, or where there has been a breach of any condition or warranty implied under the Australian Consumer Law.
6.1. Voucher holders are responsible for the use and safety of their voucher at all times.
6.2. To the extent permitted by law, the Issuer and their related entities are not liable to any person for any loss or damage (including direct or consequential loss), nor will they be in default of these Terms for failure to observe or perform any of their obligations under these Terms, for any reason or cause, which could not, with reasonable diligence, be controlled or prevented.
6.3. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Nature Parks (including its respective officers, employees, and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
6.4. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Nature Parks (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Nature Parks control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Nature Parks) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Nature Parks; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
Voucher is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Promotion Activities
7.1. The Issuer does not permit the use of Vouchers in connection with any marketing, promotion, or advertising activities without the prior written consent of the Issuer.
7.2. Vouchers may not be used in a manner that implies that a person, business, product, or service is endorsed or sponsored by or affiliated with Issuer, or any of their related entities.
- 8. Privacy
- 9. Enquiries and Complaints
9.1. Where a person has a complaint or enquiry about Vouchers, they should contact the Issuer at (03) 5951 2830 or email@example.com
Updated 28 February 2022