The Koala Reserve offers a range of family-friendly activities and opportunities to explore lush native bushland and see iconic Australian wildlife in their natural habitat.
Things to do and see
• Wander the two treetop boardwalks for superb up-close koala viewing.
- Tree Top Koala Boardwalk: 800m loop – 20 minutes – easy
- Tree Top Woodland Boardwalk: 600m loop – 20 minutes – easy
• Explore the six hectares of Australian bushland on the easily accessible trails.
• Lookout for wallabies, echidnas and colourful native birds.
• Uncover the amazing lives of koalas with the interactive displays in the new visitor centre.
• Learn more about what community groups like the Friends of Koalas or Barb Martin Bushbank are doing to help local wildlife.
What to bring
• Sunscreen, sunglasses & hat
• Reusable water bottle (we have drinking fountains on-site)
• Insect repellent (we don't sell this in store so please bring your own with you)
• Snacks (our Koala Cafe only has a small selection of food items so you may wish to bring your own snacks with you on the day)
• Binoculars & a camera (to capture memories of your visit)
Digital Quest Activity
Join Ranger Jess on a digital quest around the Koala Conservation Reserve by following the QR Code Trail. Begin by scanning the QR code on the welcome sign in the visitor’s centre, then follow the trail and scan the QR codes on signs dotted around the Reserve to get some information about the centre, the koalas, and your next clue.