Accessibility at the Penguin Parade
We are committed to offering an accessible and inclusive experience throughout the Penguin Parade and have a range of facilities for people of all abilities and sensory needs.
Please note the visitor centre opens a couple of hours before sunset when the penguins are due, approx 4pm in winter months, and 6pm in summer months.
Visitors with Mobility needs:
- Wide pathways for wheelchairs and prams
- Allocated car parking spaces for people with accessibility issues
- Ramp access through the visitor centre and along the boardwalks
- Pram parking at the penguin viewing stands
- A complimentary buggy service if transport to the beach is required
- A complimentary wheelchair for use inside the visitor centre
- Interpretive displays at wheelchair eye height
- An accessible-height ticketing counter
- Exclusive wheelchair access viewing areas in General Viewing, Penguins Plus and Underground Viewing
A Changing Places facility which includes the following:
- a height-adjustable adult-sized change table
- a constant-charging ceiling track hoist system
- a centrally-located peninsula toilet
- circulation spaces as defined in the design specifications
- an automatic door with a clear opening of 950 mm at a minimum (1100 mm for beach and lake locations)
- a privacy screen
Visitors with Sensory needs:
- We are a certified sensory-inclusive site for with professionally trained staff
- Sensory bags available, equipped with noise-cancelling headphones, fidget tools and verbal cue cards - these can be checked out for free by leaving an ID with our staff
- Weighted lap pads available - these can be checked out for free by leaving an ID with our staff
- Headphone Zones and Designated Quiet Areas
Look at the Penguin Parade Social Story to help prepare for your visit
Visitors with Assistance animals
Phillip Island Nature Parks welcomes visitors who use assistance animals certified by a registered authority. Assistance animals must remain on designated paths and restrained by a harness or lead.
Companion and Carer cards
Visitors with a Victorian Carers Card are entitled to entry at the Australian Pensioner rate to all Phillip Island Nature Parks attractions.